George Eliot Hospital is using an online pre-operative assessment tool called MyPreOp. By completing MyPreOp online, you may not need to come to the hospital for a pre-operative assessment.
What is MyPreOp?
MyPreOp is an online pre-operative assessment questionnaire that allows you to fill in an assessment at home before your procedure. Ultramed is a company that provides this service to patients on behalf of George Eliot Hospital.
MyPreOp will ask you questions about you, your health, and your operation. MyPreOp generally takes between 30-60 minutes to complete but, depending on your individual circumstances and medical history, may take longer. You do not need to complete it all at one time because your progress is saved as you enter it. The team will contact you directly with the result of this initial assessment and will organise any relevant appointments and investigations in preparation for surgery.
Completing your assessment online reduces waiting times for patients and makes it easier for the hospital to plan your care.
Please complete MyPreOp as soon as possible. Do not wait until you have an operation date, because we often do not assign operation dates until your pre-assessment is complete. Failure to complete MyPreOp could therefore delay your surgery.
You will be sent a 12 character code via text message to enable you to start the questionnaire online. This may take up to 2 weeks following the date of your clinic appointment. If you are unable to complete MyPreOp by yourself, a relative, carer or friend can help you complete it. Please note, it is imperative that you complete My PreOp as soon as possible. If you are unable to get access to the internet, please contact us and we will arrange for My PreOp to be completed over the telephone.
- It may enable you to avoid visiting the hospital for pre-operative appointments and save you the associated costs (for instance; travel, parking, inconvenience, time off work etc).
- If you need to attend our Pre-operative Assessment Clinic then an appointment will be organised with the appropriate professional based upon your individual needs.
- You can complete MyPreOp at a time that is convenient to you, and you have the time you need to carefully consider your answers.
- Completing MyPreOp reduces the chance of cancelling procedures on the day and other delays.
- Using MyPreOp reduces the use of paper to support our carbon neutral goals.
Ultramed takes great care to make sure your healthcare information is kept secure with encryption. You can find out more on Ultramed.
If you need any technical assistance with your assessment, you can get in touch with Ultramed. You can call them at UK +44 (0)20 3322 4545 or ROI +353 1 223 8567, email them at help
The Ultramed support team is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, excluding Bank holidays.