George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust is proud to be an accredited Veteran Aware organisation by the Veterans Covenant Healthcare Alliance (VCHA).
This recognises the quality of the service that the Trust provides to the armed forces community, ensuring that those who serve, or who have served, in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly.
If you require urgent help for your mental health, click here.
Op COURAGE is an NHS mental health specialist service designed to help serving personnel due to leave the military, reservists, armed forces veterans and their families.
Click here to find out more about Op Courage, as well as other mental health support for veterans, service leavers and reservists.
How can Op COURAGE help?
Op COURAGE can help you and your family with a range of support and treatment, including:
- helping you transition from military to civilian life by providing mental health care with Defence Medical Services (DMS)
- helping you recognise and treat early signs of mental health problems, as well as more advanced mental health conditions and psychological trauma
- providing support and treatment for substance misuse and addictions
- helping you to access other NHS mental health services if you need them, such as finding an NHS talking therapies service and eating disorder services
- liaising with charities and local organisations to support your wider health and wellbeing needs, such as help with housing, relationships, finances and employment
- supporting armed forces families affected by mental health problems, including helping them to access local services