Welcome to George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust.
George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust provides a range of elective, non-elective, surgical, medical, women’s, children’s, diagnostic and therapeutic services to a population of more than 300,000 people. The hospital opened in 1948.
The hub of the Trust is located on the outskirts of Nuneaton and its services cover a large footprint, including north Warwickshire, south west Leicestershire, and north Coventry.
The Trust also provides a range of community services, delivered across Coventry, Warwickshire and Leicestershire. These include sexual health and community dentistry services for the whole of Warwickshire as well as hosting the Blue Sky Sexual Assault Referral Centre.
"To Excel at Patient Care"
- Effective open communication
- Excellence and safety in everything we do
- Challenge but support
- Expect respect and dignity
- Local health that inspires confidence
Our Key Strategic Aims 2019-2023 that will run from Ward to Board
- Embrace our role as a District General Hospital, delivering the best quality, safest care to our local population.
- Take a leading role in the development of Place based services, adopting a system-wide view in developing and delivering new models of care.
- Listen to and engage with our staff to create a culture of true partnership.
- Transform our services and enable our progress by focussing on our key enablers - ICT, our estate and workforce.
Our future together - This document is about the future of George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust and sets out the strategic aims and objectives for 2019/20 and beyond.
Updated February 2020