[Skip to content]

  • High Contrast
  • High Contrast
  • Normal Contrast
George Eliot Hospital - NHS Trust
Search our Site
Advanced Search How To Find Us

Aiming high

Darren Price
George Eliot Hospital Cardiac Physiologist, Darren Price, is setting his sights high as he starts training for a trek to Everest Base Camp.


Darren’s expedition does not start until March 2013 but he has already started training and raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support. He wants to raise over £4000.

On his trek, 33-year-old Darren will pass through the Sherpa Capital of Namche Bazaar as well as valleys, dense forests and across glacial rivers before reaching the renowned viewpoint of Kalapatar at an altitude of 5545m, on the approach to Everest Base Camp.

Darren said: “From reading the many testimonials on the tireless help and support that Macmillan give, it just makes you think what you as an individual can give back. Money raised will help Macmillan to continue the fantastic work they do improving the lives of people living with cancer and their families, by providing specialist nurses and doctors, buildings for cancer treatment and care and financial grants for patients in financial difficulties.”

To sponsor Darren please go to www.justgiving.com/darren-price0. Individual and corporate sponsorship is being sort, for more information please e-mail Darren at price.darren@ymail.com

Darren needs to raise a minimum of £3750, 40% of which will go towards funding the cost of the trip with the other 60% benefiting Macmillan. Anything over this amount will all go to Macmillan. This is on top of the £450 Darren has paid to go on the trip.