We are a group of volunteers who are passionate about providing high quality health services at George Eliot Hospital (GEH). We support the Trust to ensure that patients are at the heart of everything we do and work to promote the patient voice at every level of service.
We operate independently but are members of the GEH Patient and Carer Experience and Involvement Group and our work and its impact is reported in the Patient Experience Reports that are presented to the Trust Board.
Our mission is to engage with patients, carers, families and the public and ensure that their experiences and feedback is used for positive changes that will enhance the quality of healthcare provided.
What do we do?
- We act as a critical friend providing valuable feedback and opinions on service provided by the Trust from a patient and public perspective and this helps to shape improvements to the overall patient experience.
- We monitor and review the health care services provided by the Trust by gathering views of patients, carers and the public about those services and formulating reports with recommendations to the Trust based on these findings.
- We represent patients and carers on Trust committees and action groups
- We support health and wellbeing initiatives organised for both staff and patients organised by George Eliot NHS Hospital Trust.
- We act as ambassadors for George Eliot NHS Hospital Trust within local communities
- We meet monthly to share activities that each of us has been involved in, to plan future work and review outcomes.
Patient Forum members are making a real difference across all teams and services within the George Eliot.
Patients Forum members have helped on several projects including: -
- Serenity Garden
- Discharge Task and Finish Group
- Improving Phlebotomy services
- Improving patient mealtime experience
- Improving the patient environment
We are also consulted with when the Trust is developing /enhancing services for example Family and Friends Test, translating services and reviewing patient letters.
The Patient Forum help to make a real difference to patient care and experience and represent the patient’s voice within the Trust.