George Eliot Hospital is committed to ensuring Equality and Diversity is key to the way we deliver healthcare services to our patients and support staff to deliver those services by meeting patient needs.
The Trust has the following core value pledges:
- Effective open communication
- eXcellence and safety in all that we do
- Challenge but support
- Expect respect and dignity
- Local healthcare that inspires confidence
In order to comply with the Equality Act 2010 George Eliot Hospital will work in a way to ensure equality and inclusion is embedded into all of its functions. There are a number of duties which the Trust must address:
Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED)
In the exercise of its functions the Trust must have due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited by or under the Equality Act 2010;
- Advance equality of opportunity between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it;
- Foster good relations between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it.
Page updated September 2021