19 bedded Specialist Stroke Unit, with an assessment room for direct admissions.
Our team includes: Doctors, Nurses, Health Care Support Workers, Stroke Specialist Nurses,
Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Therapists, and Dieticians.
Our TEAM Motto is Together Everyone Achieves More
- We aim to care with a multi-disciplinary approach to ensure best patient outcomes.
- Our goal is to support patients and family during initial treatment of stroke and to plan the journey through the stroke pathway.
- We have daily board rounds, weekly Multi Disciplinary Team meetings and twice weekly doctors rounds
- We also believe in early discharge planning to ensure support for patients and family for discharge.
- We have recently had some very positive feedback from relatives. We are proud to receive these comments.
In 2014 the ward received a celebrating excellence award (for dealing with a difficult situation).
“ I cannot speak highly enough of the treatment he received. From the first minute to the very last, he was treated with care and consideration by everyone who came into contact with him, regardless of their role” Patient relative 31st May 2015