Members are at the heart of foundation trusts, forming a membership community of local people, patients, staff and carers. So far we have around 10,000 members made up from our local, patient/carer and staff communities and as a member you can be involved as much or as little as you choose. Please note that membership is completely free!
Things that Members can do:
Select a Members Advocate to represent your views on behalf of your community
Receive regular information/news about what is happening at the Trust.
Learn about the services we offer and influence how we provide and improve them in the future
Take part in surveys and consultations.
Review the information we give to patients/ carers
Help shape how we spend public money
Stand for election to the Board of Governors
Become a volunteer.
Get involved in events, health seminars and membership groups
Support our goal to provide people with the best possible care in the right place at the right time.
Also, as the Trust moves forward and hopefully finds a partner to secure its long term sustainability, members will be able to vote for a Governor to represent their views, as we may by then become a Foundation Trust.
It is important for us to say that membership of the Trust:
- In no way affects the quality or speed of care a member may receive at the hospital.
- Does not bestow any special privilege in terms of waiting lists, access to services, or any other kind of preferential treatment.
Who is eligible to become a Member?
- Members must be aged 16 or over (there is no upper age limit)
- If you live within the Nuneaton & Bedworth, North Warwickshire or Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council areas you can become a member whether you have been treated at the George Eliot or not
- If you live outside of these areas you can become a member if you have been treated, or someone you have cared for, has been treated at the hospital in the last five years.
For more information about becoming a member, please contact the Trust's Membership Office on 024 7615 3476 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a membership application form to be sent out to you by post