The PALS team are your first point of contact if you have any feedback, queries or concerns about services provided by the hospital.
What do PALS do?
- Provide a patient-friendly, easy to access, confidential service to assist patients, relatives and carers
- Offer on the spot advice and information if you have queries or difficulties
- Listen to concerns and help you find ways of resolving them
- Report feedback and concerns to the Trust's executive team with a view to improving services
- Act as a point of contact for all those wishing to get advice and information about service
If you have problems or difficulties
If you have a problem which has not been sorted out on the ward or in a department, the PALS team can help you to resolve it or refer you to the appropriate person. Please note, if you want an official investigation to be carried out and to receive a formal reply from the Trust, you will need to go through the formal complaints procedure.
- We can talk to senior staff and/or managers on your behalf
- We can refer you to outside organisations should you need them
- We can explain the complaints process and refer you to the complaints department when necessary